Welcome to the web site ("Site”) of the Human Resource Management Association of Manitoba ("HRMAM”). BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SITE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER. The terms "us”, "we” and "our” all refer to HRMAM. The term "you” refers to a user of this web site.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE AMENDED BY US AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME WITHOUT SPECIFIC NOTICE TO YOU. THE LATEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE (AND APPROPRIATELY DATE-STAMPED). YOU SHOULD REVIEW ANY AMENDED TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRIOR TO RE-USING THE SITE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE FOLLOWING ANY AMENDMENT CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AMENDMENTS.
We also reserve the right to edit, delete, or add at any time or from time to time any information appearing on this Site without notice to you.
Subject to the foregoing, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to access and use this Site strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
DELIVERY OF OUR SERVICES
HRMAM provides visitors to our Site with access to event registrations and membership applications.
Our events are open to members and non-members of HRMAM and are subject to the applicable fees. Fees are due and payable before the event.
We do our best to deliver the events described. We make every effort to avoid canceling an event. Cancelling is only done after all other options have been exhausted, and registered guests will receive a full refund of any fees collected.
HRMAM members may also use this Site to post and participate in blogs, forums, and topical/networking groups offered through this Site.
All services now or hereafter offered by HRMAM through this Site are collectively called "Services”.
If you are unable to attend an event for which you have registered, you may designate an alternate at no additional charge. Please do so as soon as possible before the event by emailing email@example.com.
If you are unable to attend the event and are unable to find an alternate, you may cancel your registration up to one week before the event, with full refund. Within 7 days prior to the event, any cancellations will not be eligible for a refund. Registered guests who cancel within 7 days prior to the event or who do not cancel and do not attend the event are required to pay the full fee.
PRIVACY PROTECTIONS AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection. HRMAM collects personal information on our Site as is necessary for processing event registrations and membership applications, and for otherwise providing the Services. We will not disclose or share personally identifiable information collected on our Site except to third parties who require such information to assist us in our general administration and/or business operations, to other HRMAM members to facilitate networking and communications between or among members, as consented to by that individual, or as permitted or required by law.
Aggregate Data. We may share reports with third parties based on aggregated data of our members and guests ("Aggregated Data"). Aggregated Data does not include any personally identifiable information about members or guests. For example, these reports will not include your personal or organization name. Information is aggregated for the purposes of determining successful event benchmarks and other similar activities.
Event Registration. When you register for an event on our Site, you have granted us permission to release the information you entered as an attendee to the event organizer.
Unlawful Activity. We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of these Terms and Conditions and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses, and traffic information.
If you are registering for a paid event as a member or guest, we will request payment information to conclude the transaction as well as your mailing address or other contact information to ensure authentication and proper delivery. We use industry-standard secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We do not sell or rent your personal financial information.
When you engage in an eCommerce transaction on our Site using a credit card, your credit card information, including the number and expiration date and your billing address, is only passed onto HRMAM; only HRMAM has access to your credit card information.
You can decline to provide credit card information and any other information at our Site at anytime. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the full spectrum of our Services.
ROSTER USE POLICY
The information so collected is the sole property of HRMAM. Its use is restricted solely to members in good standing of HRMAM for the purpose of networking and communicating with each other on a one on one basis and for HRMAM to communicate with its members and to provide the Services. The information provided on or through this Site, and information about members made available to other members through this Site ("Roster”), may not be reproduced, copied, shared, loaned, distributed, or used in any manner or form whatsoever or by any means (graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, taping, or entering into an information database or retrieval systems) by any member (except to network and communicate with other HRMAM members) or by anyone else other than HRMAM for any purpose including, but not limited to: mass mailings, the promotion or sale of goods and/or services, solicitation, or distribution to any member or non-member, without the prior express written consent of HRMAM’s Board of Directors. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information in the Roster is expressly prohibited. HRMAM’s Board of Directors may, in its discretion, cancel the membership of any member who abuses the privilege of membership by inappropriate use or disclosure of the Roster or by otherwise violating these Terms and Conditions.
WEB SITE LINKS
Our Site contains links to other web sites. We have not investigated and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these web sites. If you decide to leave our Site and access any linked site, you do so at your own risk.
You agree not to:
- use the Site in any manner that would constitute a violation of HRMAM’s Standard of Conduct; or
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any materials, information or content constituting, advocating, or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise use this Site in a manner that is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying this Site or the Internet; or
- send or transmit any junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or engage in any so-called ‘spamming’ and ‘phishing’ or any other illegal activity; or
- use this Site for commercial or business purposes including, without limitation, advertising, marketing, or offering goods or services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with any other web site or web pages(s); or
- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others including, without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity; or
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information; or
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, materials or content (including, for greater certainty, software) which contains a virus, cancelbot, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component; or
- gain unauthorized access to this Site, other users’ accounts, names, personally identifiable information or other computers, web sites or pages, connected or linked to this Site, or use this Site in any manner which violates or is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions; or
- modify, disrupt, impair, alter, or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of this Site; or
- collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view, or display any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, in connection with their or your use of this Site, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person to do so.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL RESTRICTIONS AND PROHIBITIONS ON USE
You further agree not to:
- use any information from this Site in any manner that may infringe any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of us or any third party; or
- remove, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer the web site software for this Site; or
- use any automatic or manual process to harvest information from this Site; or
- use this Site in any manner that violates any applicable federal, provincial, state, or other law.
SPECIFIC PROVISIONS REGARDING BLOGS, FORUMS, POSTINGS, AND OTHER WEB COMMUNITIES
The following additional terms and conditions apply to your use of any blogs, forum services, topical/networking groups, web communities and/or other message and communication facilities (collectively, "Communities”) made available through this Site that provide you and other users with the opportunity to submit, upload, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, files, messages, transmissions and other content with other users and/or with us (collectively, "Postings”):
- HRMAM reserves the right at all times, but does not have the obligation, to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any Posting, in whole or part, that HRMAM, in its sole and absolute discretion, deems inappropriate for inclusion in the Communities, for any reason or for no reason. HRMAM neither endorses nor controls any Postings. HRMAM assumes no duty to monitor or endorse Postings within the Communities, nor does HRMAM represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability thereof or that any Posting complies with these Terms and Conditions. You should never rely upon any Posting as being true, accurate, or reliable.
- Communities are public and not private and you should assume your Postings may be read by others, with or without your knowledge or permission. Although a particular Community may have a policy of limited membership or access, HRMAM shall have no liability if unauthorized persons nevertheless obtain access to that Community.
- You use the Communities solely at your own risk.
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that Postings originating from any user account are the sole responsibility of the individual associated with that account. This means that you, and not HRMAM, are entirely responsible for the consequences of all your Postings on the Communities or otherwise on this Site. Postings do not reflect the views of HRMAM. In no event shall HRMAM have or be construed to have any responsibility or liability for or in connection with any Posting whatsoever; provided, however, if HRMAM determines, in its sole and absolute discretion and judgment, that any Posting does or may violate any of these Terms and Conditions, it reserves the right, at any time and without limiting any and all other rights we may have under these Terms and Conditions, at law or in equity, to (i) refuse to allow you to Post; (ii) remove and delete Postings; (iii) revoke your right to use the Communities and this Site; and/or (iv) use any technological, legal, operational or other means available to it to enforce the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating your account and/or the Communities.
- If a Posting originates from you or your account, you hereby agree that:
- you are placing the Posting in the public domain without reservation of any rights or further control over the Posting or its use;
- you represent and warrant that (1) the Posting is original to you or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein; (2) the Posting does not and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of these Terms and Conditions; (3) the Posting does not contain libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any law, regulation or other governmental requirement or restriction; (4) the Posting is not obscene, objectionable (as determined by HRMAM in its sole discretion) or in any other manner unlawful; (5) the Posting shall not be damaging or injurious to HRMAM, any of its members or any user; and (6) HRMAM shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use or exploitation of the Posting;
- if your Posting incorporates the name, logo, brand, service or trademark, voice, likeness or image of any person, firm or enterprise, you specifically represent and warrant that you have the right to place such Posting in the public domain; and
- HRMAM has the right to delete, re-format and/or change your Posting in any manner that it may determine in its sole discretion (although you will not be responsible for any such changes made).
- You understand, acknowledge, and agree that HRMAM assumes no responsibility for deletion of Postings or any failure to store, receive, or deliver Postings in a timely manner or at all or as to any other matter relating to Postings. Posting is for noncommercial purposes only and you may not Post in any manner which does or is intended to promote or generate revenue for any business enterprise or commercial activity.
We do not represent or warrant that:
- the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected; or
- the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, complete, timely, or otherwise reliable.
THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OTHER INFORMATION ACCESSED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR PRODUCTS LIABILITY, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FROM ANY USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES, ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, LOST PROFITS OR LOST GOODWILL, FAILURE TO REALIZE SAVINGS, ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES OR SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WITH ANY SERVICE, OR WITH ANY OTHER POLICIES, GUIDELINES OR PRACTICES OF HRMAM IN OPERATING THE SITE OR IN PROVIDING ANY SERVICE, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE OR THAT SERVICE.
CORRECTIONS AND UPDATES
To change or modify information previously provided, you may use the Manage Profile option within the "My Profile" section of the Site.
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is infallible. Any information you transmit through our Site is done at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems.
These Terms and Conditions, and your agreement to be bound by them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in force in the Province of Manitoba (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site, any of the Services and/or any of the information provided on or through the Site must be instituted in the courts of the Province of Manitoba within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the disclaimers, limitations on liability and other provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. Should any portion of these Terms and Conditions be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. Our rights under these Terms and Conditions shall survive your ceasing to be a member of HRMAM, any revocation of your right to use any of the Communities and/or this Site, your decision not to use this Site or any Service, any amendment of these Terms and Conditions, or any termination of any Service or this Site for any reason whatsoever.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the privacy of our members. If you have any questions about your personal information, these Terms and Conditions, the Services, the practices of this Site, or dealings with this Site, please contact us at:
1810-275 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2B3
T: (204) 943.2836
F: (204) 943.1109
Revised August 30, 2012